Advertisement

Praise for Prince William from Richard Eden

The Daily Mail’s Diary Editor Richard Eden has praised Prince William for carrying on with his engagements in recent weeks. Follow Richard on X by clicking below:

When was Kate’s video released?

The announcement by the Princess of Wales about her cancer was issued at 6pm today, two days after being filmed on Wednesday in Windsor by BBC Studios.

Gary Lineker and other members of the sporting world have sent their well wishes to the Princess of Wales after she announced she had been diagnosed with cancer. Read the full story on Mail Sport:

Keir Starmer: Kate has whole nation’s support

Sir Keir Starmer said the Princess of Wales has ‘the love and support of not just her whole family, but the whole nation too’ during this ‘distressing time’.

The Labour leader criticised ‘lurid speculation’ in relation to Kate as he stressed that she was entitled to privacy as she continues her treatment. Here is his statement:

Kate has paid tribute to the ‘strength and support’ of her husband William as it emerged he will return to royal duties after spending Easter with his family.

Read the full story and watch the video on MailOnline:

Follow Rebecca English for live updates

Follow the Mail’s royal editor Rebecca English on X for all the latest updates:

Life can be so cruel sometimes, writes SARAH VINE. As if the King having cancer weren’t tragic enough, now this. The news that the Princess of Wales too is battling this cruel disease is almost too much to bear. I know cancer doesn’t discriminate – but this just seems so horribly unfair.

Read her full piece by clicking below:

Sadiq Khan wishes Kate a ‘swift recovery’

Mayor of London Sadiq Khan posted on X: ‘On behalf of Londoners, I wish the Princess of Wales a swift recovery as she undergoes treatment. My thoughts are with her and her family.

‘Cancer has an impact on so many of us – and her bravery in sharing her diagnosis will help raise awareness and encourage others to get checked.’

It remains to be seen whether Prince Harry will fly back to the UK to be with the Princess of Wales after she announced her shock cancer diagnosis.

The Duke of Sussex, 39, described Kate as the ‘big sister I never had’ when she became engaged to William 11 years ago, but their relationship has fractured following the bitter aftermath of Megxit.

Harry returned almost immediately to London last month when his father King Charles phoned him to inform his son about his own cancer diagnosis, before the pair had a brief meeting at Clarence House. Read the full story on MailOnline:

Will we see Kate at church on Easter Sunday?

No. The Wales family will not be attending the annual Easter Sunday church service.

They were last pictured together at a royal event at Sandringham, for the Christmas Day church service last year:

SANDRINGHAM, NORFOLK - DECEMBER 25: Catherine, Princess of Wales, Princess Charlotte of Wales, Prince George of Wales, Prince William, Prince of Wales, Prince Louis of Wales attend the Christmas Morning Service at Sandringham Church on December 25, 2023 in Sandringham, Norfolk. (Photo by Samir Hussein/WireImage)

When will we see Kate again?

The Princess of Wales is expected to remain out of the public eye for the time being.

Kensington Palace said: ‘The Princess will return to official duties when she is cleared to do so by her medical team. She is in good spirits and is focused on making a full recovery.’

It is understood she may be keen to attend events as and when she feels able to, in line with medical advice. Any initial public events will not necessarily signal a return to a regular public schedule.

A source added that she is in good spirits and focused on her recovery. She is hugely grateful to the medical team for the care they are providing to her and now needs to take the time and space to complete her treatment and make a full recovery.

The Princess of Wales has touchingly revealed how she is reassuring her young children amid her battle with cancer after the announcement she is fighting the disease.

The mother-of-three says she and Prince William have explained the situation to their children George, Charlotte and Louis, after the ‘huge shock’ of her diagnosis.

Kate said had told them she is doing ‘well and getting stronger every day’ and that she was ‘focusing on the things that will help me heal’. Read the full story on MailOnline:

Prince William will continue with royal events

The Mail understands that Prince William will carry out engagements when the children return to school after the Easter holidays.

A spokesman said: ‘The Prince will continue to balance supporting his wife and family and maintaining his official duties as he has done since the start of the year. ‘

A source emphasised that this has been a difficult period for the Wales family.

William has been focused on supporting his wife and children, while continuing to undertake engagements and work, and is extremely grateful for the support from the public.

The Prince of Wales with Homewards Head Liz Laurence as they make their way to attend a Homewards Sheffield Local Coalition meeting, at the Millennium Gallery, Sheffield, to join discussions about the impact made by Homewards in Sheffield and next steps that the Coalition should take forward to tackle areas of need in the city. Picture date: Tuesday March 19, 2024. PA Photo. See PA story ROYAL William. Photo credit should read: Oli Scarff/PA Wire

Is Kate being treated by the NHS or privately?

It has not been confirmed whether the princess is being treated on the NHS or privately.

However in selecting healthcare providers for The Princess, a balance of factors would have been considered by her medical team.

These include the most appropriate specialists for the condition, and the potential impact on other patients or on the resources of their healthcare providers and the privacy and security of the princess.

Kensington Palace have said they understand the worldwide interested the princess’s announcement would generate but have stressed that they will only provide an update when there is something significant to say in order to allow her to continue her treatment in private.

Rishi Sunak: Kate has ‘love and support’ of UK

Rishi Sunak praised the Princess of Wales’s ‘tremendous bravery’ after she announced she was undergoing treatment for cancer.

The Prime Minister said Kate had been ‘unfairly treated’ and ‘subjected to intense scrutiny’ in recent weeks and called for her to be given the privacy to focus on her recovery and be with her family. Here is his statement:

The Princess of Wales today said she was ‘going to be OK’ as she bravely opened up about her cancer diagnosis. Here, MailOnline details her health history.

Reasons behind announcement scheduling

It is understood that the Princess wanted the time and space to come to terms with her diagnosis, to recover from her surgery and to then begin her pathway to recovery.

Throughout this period, Kate and William’s three young children have been their priority.

They wanted to be able to tell them at a time that was right for them and to allow them to understand and process the news before it became public, it is understood.

With the children now away from school on their Easter holidays, the couple feel now is the right time to share their update.

King Charles and Queen Camilla have both been informed of their ‘beloved daughter in law’ Kate Middleton’s cancer diagnosis .

The King is continuing his battle with cancer as the Princess of Wales revealed she is also fighting the disease. Read the full story on MailOnline:

Why did Kensington Palace wait until now?

It is understood that the announcement about Kate was not made tonight because of unpleasant social media speculation about her health and whereabouts – although that has been upsetting and unpleasant for the Princess.

The reason given for the scheduling of the announcement was because her children, Prince George, 10, Princess Charlotte, eight, and Prince Louis, five, broke up from school today, which gave them the opportunity to take them away privately and protect them from the inevitable public shock.

In a brave address to the nation, Kate shared an incredible and inspirational message of hope to fellow cancer sufferers, telling them: ‘Please do not lose faith or hope. You are not alone.’

She thanked the public for their ‘wonderful messages of support’ and said that having her husband William by her side was a ‘great source of comfort and reassurance’.

Read and watch the Princess of Wales’s statement in full by clicking below:

What type of cancer does Kate have?

Kensington Palace say they will not be sharing details of what kind of cancer the Princess of Wales has, or what stage of cancer it is, and has strongly asked people not to speculate.

Timeline of Kate Middleton’s cancer fight

The Princess of Wales has been diagnosed with cancer after two months of recuperation at home following major abdominal surgery.

Kate’s absence from public life as she convalesced had led to wild theories about her wellbeing, despite her being photographed four times in less than three weeks.

Now, today’s announcement revealed she has had ‘preventative’ chemotherapy – and it comes after King Charles III was diagnosed with cancer last month.

Here, MailOnline looks back at the last few months of royal news that led up to the dramatic news issued by Kensington Palace today:

When was Kate’s cancer discovered?

The Princess of Wales’ cancer was discovered only after she underwent major abdominal surgery at the London Clinic in January.

At the time Kensington Palace said that it was non-cancerous.

They have confirmed again tonight that is the case and that no tests had confirmed the presence of cancer.

However post-operative tests subsequently found that cancer ‘had been present’.

The Princess of Wales has announced she is undergoing chemotherapy treatment for cancer, saying in an emotional video message: ‘I am well and getting stronger every day.’

Here is the full story from MailOnline’s chief reporter Martin Robinson:

Welcome to MailOnline’s liveblog on Kate

The Princess of Wales has just announced that she has been diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing ‘preventative’ chemotherapy.

In a deeply emotional video message, filmed at Windsor on Wednesday, Kate revealed the news had come as a ‘huge shock’.

Follow MailOnline throughout this evening for all the latest news on the dramatic announcement.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Lachlan Murdoch superyacht: $150million ship almost ready for News Corp media mogul after five years

Ready to set sail! Lachlan Murdoch’s top secret $150million superyacht featuring an…

Victorian sea forts built to protect Britain from French invasion and turned into luxury hotels by Dreams bed tycoon go back on the market for £4.5million less after failing to sell

Victorian sea forts built to protect Britain from French invasion in the…

Fran Drescher slams Disney boss Bob Iger for ‘tone deaf’ take on striking actors

Actress Fran Drescher has slammed Disney CEO Bob Iger, calling his take…

BWS worker Declan Laverty’s mother delivers wrenching eulogy

Family and friends have gathered for the funeral of a young man…